Lately I’ve been looking for and testing out a few recipes for easy grab and go breakfasts that of course have to be somewhat healthy. From banana bread made with stevia, to a failed chia/quinoa granola bar, to these!
This recipe is actually unintentionally vegan because I didn’t have any honey and used agave instead, but it works either way!
What you need:
- 1 cup nut butter (I used 1/2 peanut, 1/2 almond)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 cup of dried fruit/nuts (I used 1/2 cup dried cranberry and 1/2 cup chopped dried prunes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- With a 1/4 measuring cup or scoop, divide mix onto baking sheet, you should have 10 cookies.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you can see the edges have lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
These are really delicious and great that you can switch them up each week with different nuts/seeds/fruit. Be careful if you’re using salted nuts or seeds, adjust the salt accordingly.