I LOVE watermelon. I can eat it endlessly, and it’s the most delicious and refreshing thing.
This is a riff on a salad my mom likes to make, the most important bits are really some sort of green, ripe sweet watermelon and feta. You can take it in any direction you like, I serve mine with a lemon vinaigrette but a balsamic reduction, red wine or raspberry dressing also go very well!
It’s the best thing during this summer heat!
What you need:
- 2 cups ripe watermelon, cubed
- 3-4 cups arugula
- 1 mini cucumber sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh mint, finely minced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- salt and pepper to taste
- On a large wide platter or in a large bowl, layer in arugula, shallot, cucumber, watermelon, mint and feta.
- Serve and drizzle with dressing.
This makes enough for 2 large portions or 4 sides. This salad is super easy to make and so refreshing and delicious I hope you try it!