One pot/sheet pan meals have been on my blog “to-do” list for a while, I asked on instagram what people wanted to see and was asked to make one so here we are!
There are a million similar recipes to this, but this one is my version. I tried to make it in as few steps as I could, but still trying to allow each ingredient to shine. Sometimes one pan meals meld together a little too much and everything is a bit samey.
Tender savoury potatoes, juicy herbed chicken and some bright roasted vegetables topped with feta. Lots of garlic, a pop of lemon and fresh rosemary make this one a keeper!
The key to these types of recipes is to make sure you cut everything appropriate to it’s cooking time. Potatoes take the longest, so you want them thinner, chicken needs to be an even thickness and size, and the vegetables not too thin so they wont overcook and become mushy. I keep potatoes to around 1/2″, either halving them or cutting into slices. If the tomatoes are small enough I leave them whole, and match the rest of the vegetables to their size. You get the picture.
This makes 4 dinner sized servings, or is great for meal prep!
What you need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts) approx 4oz each
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved or sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, large diced
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, left whole or halved
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of half a lemon (save other half for garnish)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 400F.
Prepare a large sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper (foil if you don’t have any).
- In a small bowl mix oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place potatoes, add 1/3 of oil mixture, mix and place at one end of the baking sheet.
- Add lemon juice to the oil mixture and whisk to combine. Add vegetables to the same large bowl and add another 1/3 of the oil mixture, mix to coat and place at opposite end of baking sheet.
- Lastly add chicken to the same bowl and add the remaining oil mixture. Toss to coat and place in between potatoes/vegetable mixture in a single flat layer.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes have cooked through and chicken is done. After the 35 minutes, turn on broiler to brown everything slightly on top, 2-3 minutes depending on your oven (keep an eye on it!!)
- Remove from oven and crumble feta on top of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with additional fresh herbs if you have any and lemon slices. Serve!
You’ll notice in this recipe we do not add lemon juice to the oil/lemon cooking marinade for the potatoes. You don’t have to do it this way, but I find the potatoes crisp up a bit more if it’s just the oil mixture. If it’s more convenient to mix the lemon juice in at the start, it will still be delicious! You can even skip the bowl part and toss everything together on the sheet pan. You do you!