I don’t remember the last time I actually ate a banana I bought instead of turning in into banana bread. It’s just meant to be. Make sure your bananas are super bruised and black, the longer you wait the sweeter they will be.
What you need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ultra ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 1 tsp set aside
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9 X 5 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl mash up bananas with a fork or whisk, add butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In another small bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add this to the banana mixture and gently mix with a spatula until just combined. Be careful not to over mix this.
- Take your chocolate chips and toss them with the 1 tsp of remaining flour, this will prevent the chips from sinking to the bottom of the pan while baking and keeps them suspended in the batter. Gently fold this in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, feel free to sprinkle a few more chocolate chunks on top and bake for 55-60 minutes or until dark golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out ALMOST entirely clean. This cake will still be a bit moist.
Let this completely cool before slicing and enjoy 🙂